Consultancy and special interests
Phoenix has conducted consultancy and research and developed areas of specific expertise.
- Several projects developing resource materials on the social and learning outcomes of ear disease. For example, see lookafterkidsears.com.au.
- Research and develop resources on cross-cultural management for Commonwealth Department of Health and Community Services.
- Development of remote cross cultural orientation and teamwork resource for the NT Government Agency.
- Development of Website on Occupational Issues of Indigenous Hearing loss in conjunction with the Human Services Training and Advisory Council of the Northern Territory.
- Review of New Zealand aid program to the health system of Tokelau ( a small remote pacific island nation ) for NZAID and subsequently developing an implementation plan for health system of Tokelau.
- Development of training package for NT Juvenile Diversion Unit for service providers working with teenagers involved in antisocial behaviour
- Review of Aged Care Services conducted for a remote health agency.
- Research feasibility of establishment of an Indigenous Education Board in remote region.
- Developing support materials for teachers returning from bush communities for Australian Education Union.
- Developing materials for website for Royal College of General Practitioners to support GP orientation to working in remote communities.
- Developing team development materials for cross-cultural, multi- disciplinary health teams working in remote areas for the Centre for Remote Health and the NT Remote Workforce Agency.
- Evaluation of the Commonwealth funded disability support services in the Northern Territory over a five-year period.
- Consultancy to examine need for and model for a mental health disability employment service in Darwin.