Phoenix Consulting is a general psychology practice operating in Darwin, Australia. As well as dealing with general psychological issues (such as anxiety, depression, relationships) we have some specific interests and expertise that are outlined on the Consultancy page. There you will also find links to a number of resources we have developed in these areas.
We provide counselling through Medicare (where there is a partial rebate available for the cost of services ) and ATAPS (where counselling is provided at no cost to clients referred through to this scheme by their GP). We also provide phone and Skype based mental health services at no cost to people living in the Katherine region who are referred by their GP. (Have page link to Katherine phone and Skype services).
Dr Damien HowardB.A, Dip Ed, Grad Dip App Psych, PhD, MAPS is the principal psychologist.
Damien has worked as a psychologist for over 30 years. As well as being experienced in general issues such as anxiety, depression, work health, and relationships, he has also particular interests in
- - working with Aboriginal people,
- - working with people living and working in remote cross-cultural contexts,
- - psycho social issues of listening problems (mild hearing loss and auditory processing problems)
Marianne Howard is a psychologist, facilitator, manager and consultant. She is experienced in providing psychology services for individuals, couples, groups and organisations. She has worked in health and education sectors, government, private enterprise, cross cultural environments and in regional and remote settings. Particular areas of interest are :
- - stress management and relaxation strategies for children and adults,
- - treatment of trauma related issues,
- - psycho social issues relating to hearing loss and auditory processing disorder,
- - treatment of anxiety, depression and grief,
- - management of occupational stress,
- - seasonal affective disorder (SAD),
2005 Postgraduate Diploma of Psychology, Monash University.
2004 Graduate Diploma in Psychology, Monash University.
2001 Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training, ABLE
1986 Bachelor of Business Management, Monash University
MEMBERSHIPS : Australian Psychological Society (APS), Member Registered Psychologist